Hello again beautiful. It’s been a while. I hope everyone’s doing well. Stay safe and stay sane. So, we gonna talk about Dehydrated skin. What is actually this skin condition is, what are the causes and how can Orgga help you to solve dehydrated skin. Most people get this confused with Dry skin. It might look the same but it really isn’t. Dry skin is mainly your skin type and it’s genetic. There are some other factors that will lead to dry skin but mostly you are most likely are born with it. Dry skin is caused by a lack of sebum where your skin produces less oil than normal skin would do. What is dehydrated skin? keep reading 🙂
What is Dehydrated skin?
In simple words, Dehydrated skin means your skin does not have enough water. It is a skin condition, NOT a skin type. It is common, temporary and can be fixed.
What are the main causes of dehydrated skin?
- Frequent exposure to the sun, wind, cold and air conditioning can cause moisture to evaporate from the skin. (Exposure to the sun and air conditioning are most common in Malaysia)
- Using harsh soaps/skincare.
- Poor diet & lifestyle
What are the signs of Dehydrated skin?
Dull & tired skin, itchy & flaky area, Sensitive, Congestion, Redness, Inflammation.
so basically, to the naked eye, dehydrated skin may appear dull, tired and tight. Fine lines will be more visible. You may feel itchy and flaky in the dry area. When severe dehydration occurs, your skin will become sensitive due to the disrupted skin barrier. It will then lead to congestion, redness and irritation.
How to fix dehydration & dehydrated skin?
- Drink more water + eat fruits with high water content (watermelon, peaches, pineapples, strawberries and google-it-you-lazy-bee)
- Reduce caffeine – Drink coffee/tea in moderation.
- Use gentle cleanser – Avoid cleansers that contained surfactants. Use a non-foaming cleanser. Choose oil or balm based cleanser.
- Exfoliate your skin (GENTLY!) – No gritty scrubs, No salt scrubs, No harsh exfoliants. Dehydrated skin takes longer to renew itself. Exfoliating your skin gently will help to accelerate skin cell turnover. Use gentle exfoliants like Oatmeal, Rice bran & chickpea flour.
- Use skincare that contains Humectant like Aloe Vera, Glycerin, Honey, Hyaluronic Acid.
- Mist your face regularly, especially if you’re staying in an air-conditioned space.
- Protect your skin barrier – Try a facial oil
So, the question is, How can Orgga help me with my dehydrated skin? Okay, read carefully. I’m just going to jump over to the recommended product.
1. Cleanser – Bacca Bliss 3 in 1: Daily Cleansing Powder
Yes, we don’t have cleansing oil/balm/cream… yet.
But you can try Bacca Bliss cleanser. It cleanses, mildly exfoliate your skin and can be used as a mask. It is gentle because it doesn’t contain any surfactant, but the combination of oatmeal, calendula, kaolin clay is sufficient in cleansing your face. On top of that, mildly exfoliating your skin will help speed up the cell turnover and slough the dead cells.
2. Mist/Toner – Le Neroli Hydrating face mist.
It may not be as sticky or thick as people expect in a hydrating product. This mist/toner is rich in hydrating ingredients, extracts and humectants that will hydrate and condition your skin simultaneously, such as Aloe Vera leaf juice, Coconut water, Propanediol and Sodium Hyaluronate. 100% Natural/Naturally derived ingredients, no added fragrance, no essential oils. Voila! We use Low Molecular Hyaluronic Acid in all of our mist/serum to retain hydration without leaving a sticky feeling on your skin.
3. Serum – Oat B-Gluc Coconut Active Botanical Serum.
This serum is your ultimatum (for dehydrated skin)! It is specially crafted to heal dehydrated skin. This serum is pack with ingredients to restore hydration, replenish moisture and protect the skin. One of the hero ingredients is Oat Ferment Filtrate, which is obtained by the fermentation of oat extract in the presence of Lactobacillus (Probiotic). It contains high concentrations of Beta-Glucans that will help to condition, repair & renew skin cells.
Coconut milk, Cucumber & Pomegranate provides intense hydration, rich in Antioxidants and Anti-inflammatory. This formulation also includes a higher percentage of Aloe Vera juice, Propanediol, Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid and Green Algae to maximize hydration without feeling sticky and heavy on the skin. Among all the 5 Active Botanical Serums, Oat B-Gluc Coconut has the highest percentage of Hyaluronic Acid.
4. Luxe Beauty Oil
And last but not least, you have to finish with a product that could lock all the hydrating products that you’ve slapped on earlier. Or people like to say, “LOCK EVERYTHING IN”. Luxe Beauty Oil will help repair your skin barrier, nourish your skin, and keep your skin hydrated by locking in the moisture.
so…that’s about it…
Friendly reminder: Staying hydrated is not only for the skin. Most importantly, it is for your health as a whole. Drink more water or eat fruits that have high water content. Remember, don’t be selfish just because you don’t like it or simply lazy. YOUR BODY NEEDS IT! xoxo
If you experienced severe skin dehydration, please seek help from a dermatologist or aesthetician.
Have you experienced dehydrated skin? And what is your holy-grail product to combat dehydration?
That’s all from us. Till then. Stay safe! xoxo
Be gorgeous by Nature,